Recent Processing Facility Strike Shows 'Absolutely No Protected Places in Russia's Distant Backlines'
Ukraine's UAVs have targeted Russia's oil refinery in Ufa, situated approximately 1,400 kilometres from Ukraine, triggering blasts and a inferno, according to a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This constitutes the 3rd intelligence far-reaching assault in the region in the last month. These attacks illustrate that there are no safe places in the deep rear of the Russia.
Zelenskyy Calls On US President to Broker Ceasefire in the Conflict
President Zelenskyy called on Donald Trump to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine during a phone call on the weekend.
"When a war can be stopped in one region, then certainly other wars can be ended as well, including the Russian war," the President remarked, praising Trump's "outstanding" Gaza peace initiative and requesting the US president to pressure the Kremlin into talks.
Moscow's Attacks Claim Casualties in Ukraine
Russian attacks on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of 5 individuals on Saturday and caused blackouts to areas of Ukraine's southern Odesa oblast, according to authorities in Ukraine.
A pair of individuals died in a religious building in Kostyantynivka when it was hit, according to municipal sources.
In the Russian adjacent territory of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was fatally wounded by a attack from Ukraine, as stated by local officials.
Electricity Recovery Operations in Kyiv
Efforts proceeded on the weekend to recover electricity in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.
Power had been recovered to over 800,000 inhabitants by the weekend and the major private energy company stated the primary work to repair the grid was finished though some outages continued.
Anti-Aircraft Actions and UAV Downings
Ukraine's defense forces neutralized fifty-four of 78 total UAVs from Russia deployed targeting Ukraine during the night, the military said on Saturday.
The Russian military authorities said it eliminated forty-two Ukrainian drones over the country's airspace.
Cuban Government Rejects Accusations of Providing Forces to Ukraine
Cuba on Saturday refuted US assertions it has sent troops to participate in the hostilities, while stating the government "are without exact information about Cuban nationals" participating "on their own" or "as part of the armed units of either party".
The ministry in Havana said twenty-six Cuban citizens had been given prison terms to prison terms varying between five up to fourteen years for mercenary involvement since September 2023 when reports circulated of Cubans being deployed to the frontlines in Ukraine.
I Want to Live Initiative Reveals Information on Cuban Recruitment
The program, a official Kyiv program that encourages adversaries to surrender, reported in May: "We reliably know the personal data of over a thousand individuals who enlisted with the Russian armed forces in the past two years."
The government in Havana commented of those who might be participating: "Undeniably that none of them have the backing, dedication, or consent of the government in Havana for their activities."
Kin of Cuban nationals who traveled to the Russian Federation in the year informed international media at the time that their relatives had been tricked into joining through promotions on digital networks.